What Is Drug Allergy?
Drug Allergy Test – A drug allergy can be described as an allergic reaction to any particular medication. But it should be noted that the side effects of the drug are not similar to the allergic reaction caused by it. The allergy can be caused by any medication be it a prescription or an over-the-counter drug.
Even some herbal medicines are also capable of causing allergic reactions in our body. The condition occurs only when the body’s immune system abnormal and adverse reactions to the medication. Some of the commonly observed symptoms of a drug allergy include rashes, fever, hives etc. Timely detection of the allergy can lead to successful treatment.
What Are The Causes Of Drug Allergy?
Our body’s immune system is generally designed to fight foreign invaders like bacteria’s and viruses protecting it from infections and diseases. Sometimes our immune system mistakenly rejects certain drugs entering our body considering them to be foreign invaders. In such a scenario external allergic reactions are observed due to an increase in inflammation.
How Is A Drug Allergy Test Done?
Most of the times the doctor can diagnose drug allergy by looking at the symptoms that the patient might give developed. But in some cases, it is also important to undergo a drug allergy test. A typical drug allergy test can be of three types.
2. Next, a patch test can also be used to check for reactions to antibiotics or anticonvulsants. To carry out the patch test, the drug is applied on your skin, and the reactions are recorded after 2 to 4 days.
3. Sometimes the diagnosis cannot be carried out using these superficial tests and hence blood tests may be recommended. Depending upon the severity and condition of the allergy the doctor may prescribe an appropriate test for you.
What Are The Treatments For Drug Allergy?
The primary drug reaction treatment could be stopping the suspected drug immediately. Next alternative medications are prescribed as a drug allergy rash treatment. For example medications like diphenhydramine, fexofenadine or cetirizine are provided if itching is one of the major symptoms. Sometimes anti-allergic drugs for skin are also prescribed by the doctor if there are more severe reactions on the skin.
Example of one such drug is the oral steroids called prednisone. The hypersensitive cases like anaphylaxis may also even require hospitalization as they might need constant monitoring.
How Can We Help You?
We at healthcare nt sickcare can assist you in screening for the drug allergy on blood sample. Our drug allergy test covering 31 common drugs and is based on IgE.
Drug Allergy Test
- DRUGS Allergy – 31 ALLERGENS
- Overnight fasting is not required
- Doctor’s prescription may be need
- Previous medical history may be needed
- Previous Allergy Test Report may be needed
- The normal test results may vary depending on gender, age, health history, etc.
- Ideal for All patients with Asthma, Rhinitis, Skin allergies, Itchy watery eyes, gastrointestinal problems, Drug resistance, mouth ulcers can opt this package.
Also known as, drug allergy test, drug allergy blood test, drug allergy panel test, drug allergy panel, RASTs, drug allergy test on blood, complete drug allergy panel, complete drug allergy test, drug allergy test package, full drug allergy package, full drug allergy panel
Checkout for Any Offers & Discount Coupons
Speak or WhatsApp +919766060629
Read our Article On Allergy
Watch On YouTube